Monday, May 10, 2010

Lena Horne dies at 92

Lena Horne dies at 92

As a child, I was introduced to this legend's music and movies by my late great-grandmother. Initially, I fell in love with her everlasting beauty. As I grew up and revisited her music, I fell in love with her music. For those who don't know her or of her, she was also apart of the civil rights movement. She now joins other greats that have passed along. This repost is not to inform of her death, but to encourage research of her music and film work so that you can experience her greatness as I already have. Here is an article from The New York Times on Lena Horne.  http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/10/arts/music/10horne.html?pagewanted=1

Lena Horne,
Your career in the entertainment world was an experience to me and many more in the world. Your legacy will never be forgotten.